The clubhouse manager plays a vital role in providing maximum customer service to the players, coaches, office personnel, umpires, league officials, and special entertainment acts.
The following is a list of responsibilities (but are not limited to this list):
Pre-Season Clubhouse Responsibilities
· Equipment Inventory (balls, bats, pine tar, etc.)
· Uniform Inventory (hats, jerseys, pants, socks, etc.)
· Develop schedule for bat boys
· Clean Clubhouse including players lobby, bathrooms/showers, coaches room, training area, entry/exit ways, dugouts, umpire room, etc.
· Maintaining all washers/dryers
Game Day Responsibilities
· Issue all necessary equipment to players and coaches
· Get umpires game balls
· Set up and breakdown BP equipment
· Fill water coolers for both sides
· Set out pine tar rag, bat weights, rosin bags
· Laundry (towels, uniforms, personals)
· Assist in player appearances, camps, radio media requests, and players’ family requests (tickets, lodging)
· Coaching Staff/Trainers: post game food, towels, coaches fridge, anything they might need
· Umpires: pre-game beverages, post game food, towels
· All players requests for post BP
· All requests from front office personnel
· General cleaning of clubhouse: bathroom, lounge, coach’s office, training area, and back room
· Deliver all food requested
· Laundry; cleaned and put away
· Equipment: picked up and stored
This position will fulfill a seasonal opening that is exhausting, but very rewarding. The clubhouse manager must be at the clubhouse before the players and coaches arrive for the day.
End of Season Clubhouse Close-Out Responsibilities
· Send all equipment back/assist with player departures
· Thorough cleaning of clubhouse, coaches offices, bathrooms, refrigerators, etc.
· Equipment and uniform inventory
· Provide an upbeat attitude at all times. Must be a hard worker with a passion for the game of baseball.
· Must be able to finish tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
· Must be completely professional.
· It is the responsibility of the clubhouse manager to purchase food for daily meals for coaches and players.
· The clubhouse manager is additionally compensated through tips from coaches and players.
- Bob Freitas Award - 2009
- Larry MacPhail Award - 2011
- Named "Best Sporting Event to Take Clients to" by the NH Business Review BOB Awards, 8 years running!
- Named "Best NH Sports Team" by the New Hampshire Magazine, 5 years running!
- Named "Favorite Sporting Event for Families" by Parenting NH Magazine, 5 years running!