The Erie SeaWolves, the Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, are accepting Junior Associate applications for Spring or Summer 2018. The Junior Associate program is a part-time, unpaid internship opportunity offering a learning experience in multiple areas of the business including sales, marketing, operations, administration, community affairs, and merchandise. Junior Associates will have the opportunity to participate in monthly classroom-style training sessions (June-Aug) on topics ranging from ticket sales to the art of customer service. All college majors are welcome. Applicants must be pursuing credit hours through their college or university.
• Junior Associates commit to a minimum of 400 hours during the internship period.
• Exact hours to be determined. Team's standard office hours are Monday-Friday (9a-5p).
• Special events may require weekend and evening hours.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate community events at various days/times including nights & weekends.
• Must be able to provide own transportation to/from ballpark and community events; mileage reimbursement may be available for community events.
• Candidates should be mature, responsible, organized, and dependable.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be comfortable speaking with fans.
• Candidates should be adaptable, versatile and tactful in dealings with the public, partners, and staff.
• Applicants must be pursuing credit hours through an accredited college or university.