AKRON RUBBERDUCKS TICKET SALES ASSOCIATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
January 2022 to September 30, 2022
The RubberDucks are the Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians playing in the Northeast League. The 2022 season will mark the teams 25th year since moving to Canal Park, located in downtown Akron. The Akron RubberDucks play 69 home games between April and September and look forward to all of the nongame day events during the summer of 2022. Office hours for all Associates will begin on Wednesday, January 19th.
The Akron RubberDucks Ticket Sales Associate Internship Program is structured to prepare future baseball executives for a career in professional sports. The program’s main focus is to provide a continuous educational background in the business operations of minor league baseball. The Associates will gain hands-on knowledge primarily in the Ticketing Department, but will also have the chance to experience educational components from Promotions, Operations, Sponsorship, Office Management, Finance, Merchandise and Grounds. Members of past Associates programs, including members of the Akron RubberDucks front office, have gone on to accept full-time positions at the Columbus Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, State College Spikes, Canton Charge, Baseball Info Solutions, Harrisburg Senators, and a number of Division 1 universities. This is a seasonal position starting in January 2022 and ending in September 2022 after the RubberDucks season is complete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full menu selling of new group, flex plan, and season ticket sales through phone prospecting, outside appointments, and stadium tours
- Prospecting new group, flex plan, and season ticket sales opportunities through cold calls, referrals and networking events
- Developing professional relationships with current clients
- Providing a high level of customer service to all accounts
- Staffing ticket sales information tables and mascot appearances at outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
- Must meet sales activity and revenue goals
- Assist with other ticket duties as assigned; including game/event day duties
- Assist in miscellaneous duties as required (i.e.-Stadium operations, marketing, office management, food and beverage and mascot appearances)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Available to work 40+ hours per week for a nine month period
- College degree
- Must be computer proficient
- Possess a competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude
- Detail oriented, and enthusiastic about working within a sport-related environment
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Previous internship or work experience within sports industry preferred
- Prior telemarketing or sales experience preferred
- Have a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing) and listening skills
- Prior customer service experience highly preferred
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Monthly stipend
- Commission on all sales and a bonus for surpassing sales goal
- This program does not entitle the members to any health benefits or relocation financial assistance.
Akron Baseball LLC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.