The Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, are seeking qualified and motivated applicants for the Assistant Groundskeeper position. This is a full time position which includes ability to enroll in company health insurance, dental, and 401K plans. Applicants should be able to work well with others in an environment which includes long hours and is fast paced. This position should be able to complete individual work in an efficient manner. Applicants are asked to be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Applicants should have completed either a 2 or 4 year turf degree program, or have equivalent work experience in the sports turf industry. Prior completion of a sports turf management internship is encouraged. All applicants must be able to obtain a Maryland Certified Pesticide Applicators License within the first 6 months of employment.
The Bowie Baysox playing field is a 100% USGA Sand Based construction with Patriot Bermuda grass.
Duties for this position include assisting the Field and Facility Manager with the following:
- Supervise and instruct game-day grounds crew.
- Daily infield skin maintenance, mound/plate clay repair.
- Mowing, Edging, Sodding.
- Batting Practice set up and break down.
- Fertilization and Pesticide applications.
- Tarp pulls.
- Warning track maintenance.
- Attending to exterior landscapes.
- Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Other duties and facilities work as assigned.
- Ideal applicant should have a background in turf management knowledge or related experience.
- Ability to obtain Maryland Certified Pesticide Applicators License and MDA Fertilizer License.
- Ability to work all Baysox home games in addition to outside events hosted at facility.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work and represent the Baysox in a professional manner.
To apply, please send your resume via Teamwork Online or e-mail it to the Baysox Field & Facility Manager, Stephen King, Jr at email@example.com.
The Bowie Baysox are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.