We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: Funn Bunch Promo Crew Member
REPORTS TO: Director of Promotions
START DATE: Late January to Early February (plus training time)
END DATE: Early September (plus playoffs, if applicable)
COMPENSATION: $8-$10 Based on Availability
HOURS: Approximately 5 Hours per Game & Outside Appearances
The Richmond Flying Squirrels are seeking energetic and outgoing performers to entertain our fans during the 2019 all-star season in Funnville. If you sing, dance, play a musical instrument or simply love putting on a show while putting smiles on the faces of others, we want you! Members of the Flying Squirrels Funn Bunch play an integral role in enhancing the fan experience by finding contestants and executing in-game contests, planning and performing pregame, postgame and between-inning skits and leading the crowd in stadium-wide chants and singalongs.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be available for at least 75% of Richmond Flying Squirrels home games, as well as a flexible schedule that accommodates nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Energetic, outgoing personality and positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic with the passion to entertain.
- Local candidates are preferred.
- Strong communication skills and superior customer service.
- Performance abilities strongly preferred. What special skills do you have?
- Ability to wear & be comfortable in costumes and mascot suits
- Ability and desire to embrace creativity and spontaneity.
Not afraid to have FUNN and be silly in front of a large crowd.
- Set up the promotions pregame for each game: props, prizes, waivers, etc.
- Attend promotional rundown meeting to be assigned that night’s duties.
- In charge of executing select in-game promo contests including but not limited to finding the contestants, setting up the contest, and passing out prizes to the crowd.
- Assist with pregame on-field activities such as parades, banquet bashes, high-five tunnels, first pitches, etc.
- Assist with postgame activities on busy nights such as kids run the bases and launch-a-ball.
- Be a positive fixture at the front gates as fans enter and leave the stadium- high fives, smiles, and representing the Funnville brand.
- Lead the crowd in cheers, singing, dancing, performing skits and pumping up the crowd.
- Have to don a mascot suit.