Ticket Operations Assistant (2022 Season) - Bowie Baysox (Bowie · MD)
This seasonal entry level position will work with the Baysox from early-February, 2022 through mid-September, 2022 to assist the Ticket Operations Department in renewing and selling new season ticket plans and renewing group outing, catering and suite accounts from individuals and businesses from around the region. This position will also be involved in working to bring new group and ticket account business to the Bowie Baysox through prospecting and selling to new customers through calling, face-to-face meetings and other marketing methods. The ability to work as a part of team is a MUST!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively prospect, research and sell group ticket packages, including nightly rental luxury suites, premium party areas and seating bowl options through various sales means including extensive phone prospecting calls.
- Use a full catalog of inventory items (Group Tickets, Full & Mini-Plan Ticket Packages, Food & Beverage Options, Suites, Meetings Space, etc) to customize a comprehensive hospitality package that fits client needs.
- Handle incoming sales calls from call-ins to the organization
- Follow up on sales leads generated by website and social media marketing
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals in the areas of season, group and partial-plan ticket packages
- Maintain computerized records of all season and group customers
- Provide superior customer service to clients - existing ticket holders, prospects, and single game customers
- Actively promote and sell other special projects when necessary including, but not limited to potential family shows, concerts, special events
- Be present at all home games and special events to service customers, establish new relationships and help manage game day duties
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in sales, marketing or business; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred 1-2 years Sales and/or Customer Service experience
- Proficient skills in computer including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to learn and master new software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with the Baltimore/Washington Corridor a plus
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish a plus but not required
- Photoshop or other graphic design experience a plus
- Minor League Baseball experience preferred but not required
Candidate must have strong time management and communication skills, be well organized, and be able to contribute to a team environment. Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects, multi-task changing priorities, meet deadlines and achieve objectives. Candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire and inner motivation to succeed.
Please submit all application materials including an up-to-date resume, cover letter and three professional references through Teamwork Online only. No phone calls please.
Candidates for this position must have already graduated and be out of school as the position begins in early February, 2022.
The Bowie Baysox are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please describe your recent sales/customer service experience.
Are you available to complete the full seasonal employment period from February 2022 through mid-September, 2022?
Do you have housing and reliable transportation available in the area of Bowie, MD?
Do you have written and/or verbal fluency in Spanish?