Head Groundskeeper - Bowie Baysox (BOWIE · MD)
This is a full-time salaried position which includes ability to enroll in company health insurance, dental, vision and a vested 401K plan. Applicants should be able to work well with others and should be able to complete both individual and department work in an efficient and timely manner.
Applicants are to have completed either a 2-year or 4-year turf degree program or have equivalent work experience in the sports turf industry. Previous turf management experience at the professional level is encouraged. All applicants must be able to obtain a Maryland Pesticide Applicator License within the first 6 months of employment.
Duties for this position include overseeing and executing the following:
- Supervise, instruct, hire and schedule game-day grounds crew staff
- Daily infield skin maintenance
- Pitcher’s Mound and Home Plate clay repair
- Mowing, Aerification, Verticutting, Topdressing
- Batting Practice set up and break down
- Fertilization and Pesticide applications
- Tarp pulls
- Warning track maintenance
- Equipment maintenance and repair
- Other stadium operations duties as assigned
- Applicants must have a background in turf management knowledge or related experience and completed a two- or four-year Turf Management Degree program.
- Ability to obtain Maryland Certified Pesticide Applicators License
- Ability to work all Baysox home games plus additional non-game day field and baseball events
- Ability to work extensive hours including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work and represent the Baysox in a professional manner
- Ability to relocate to the Bowie, MD area if not currently from the area
Please submit all application materials including resume, cover letter and at least three professional references through Teamwork Online only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
YES/NO: I have previous Turf Management experience with a professional baseball organization (minor or major league)?
YES/NO: I am able to begin a full-time position on or before February 15, 2022?
YES/NO: I have COMPLETED a 2-year or 4-year Turf Management Degree program?