The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for outgoing Sports Sales Interns for their 2024 Summer Baseball Season.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for confident Sports Sales Interns to help us in our overall sales efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of sales plans to reach targets from group outings to sponsorship packages.
Qualified individuals should be able to learn and adapt quickly, multitask effectively, communicate clearly, keep a high level of positive energy, and show overall passion for our brand. You should also be well-versed in specialized sales concepts, principles and tactics.
This ideal candidate is expected to add to an environment of excellence and customer service within the organization. During the summer of 2024, this position will have office hours of 10AM-5PM Monday through Friday. The supervisor of this team may adjust hours as need be on game days.
The position starts the week of May 15th and will end by August 3rd.
- Create an unforgettable customer experience by providing passionate customer service and selling through customer engagement.
- Actively participate in company initiatives to drive sales and revenue.
- Perform tasks such as making cold calls, genuinely interact with sponsors and sell group outings.
- Provide insight to prospective and existing sponsors.
- Promote upcoming season including: theme nights, group outing/sponsorship perks, merchandise, etc.
- Attend community engagement and organizational/business events to grow ticket sales
- Provide leadership for front gate/ticketing operations on game day
- Assist with stadium preparation and clean up for each game
- Assist in other game day operations activities as need be
● Must have a friendly, confident and professional demeanor.
● Exhibit clear, strong verbal communication skills in person, through email and on the phone.
● Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
● Be a proactive problem-solver.
● Outstanding sales and customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers/sponsors.
● Must be self-driven and highly motivated.
This position is paid a base salary of $2,000 for the summer and can earn between 3%-5% commission for sales to existing and new clients. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.