The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for outgoing, Sports Sales Interns for the 2024 Spring Semester. We have an opportunity for two positions: 1 Remote & 1 In-Person.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for confident Sports Sales Interns to help us in our overall sales efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of sales plans to reach targets from group outings to ticket plan packages.
Qualified individuals should be able to learn and adapt quickly, multitask effectively, communicate clearly, keep a high level of positive energy, and show overall passion for our brand. You should also be well-versed in specialized sales concepts, principles and tactics.
This ideal candidate is expected to add to an environment of excellence and customer service within the organization. Each sales intern is expected to work 10-20 hours each week and will have regular communication and meetings with the supervisor of this team.
- Create an unforgettable customer experience by providing passionate customer service and selling through customer engagement.
- Have a thorough understanding of ticket plans and group outing options and utilize this knowledge to inform customers.
- Actively participate in company initiatives to drive sales and revenue.
- Perform tasks such as making cold calls, sending emails, connecting via social media and having in-person or virtual meetings.
- Promote upcoming season including: theme nights, group outings, entertainment features, merchandise, etc.
- If completing internship in-person, attend community engagement and organizational/business events to grow ticket sales.
- Must have a friendly, confident and professional demeanor.
- Exhibit clear, strong verbal communication skills in person, through email and on the phone.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Be a proactive problem-solver.
- Outstanding sales and customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers/sponsors.
- Must be self-driven and highly motivated.
Each position will earn commission through group and ticket plan sales and additional wages via completed calls, groups scheduled, and/or monthly salaries. The compensation structure varies between remote and in-person positions. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.