The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for qualified, Social Media Interns for their 2024 Summer Baseball Season.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for equipped Social Media Interns who are passionate and ready to learn. You will be an integral part of our creative team that helps to expand the Chili Peppers brand awareness, highlight the team and organization, and tell the story of who we are.
Qualified individuals should be a competent professional able to independently perform all game day media and public relations activities, develop quality written communications for social media, use editing software to develop creative posts, and utilize new trends on social media to strengthen and grow the Chili Peppers social media following.
All candidates should include a portfolio link in their cover letter or resume that highlights their previous work.
Candidates that are selected for interviews will be asked to create sample posts that could be featured on Chili Peppers social media channels.
This position starts the week of May 15th and will end by August 3rd.
- Shoot videos and/or photos of the team during training sessions, game days, and other events needed.
- Execution of pre-production schedule including video and audio as well as graphic design.
- Aiding in the post-production process of exporting photos and videos to the team's website, social media pages, etc.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing and sales departments to develop and create social media campaigns.
- Complete projects in a timely and expedient manner.
- Travel to away games.
- Work a certain number of office hours during the week in order to communicate with sales, marketing and entertainment teams regarding needed posts, work on posts, schedule and shoot videos for posts, stadium readiness quality control checks, and more.
- Assist with stadium preparation and clean up for each game.
● Basic understanding of production and media is preferred.
● Preferred basic knowledge and experience in Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Editing (Photo and Video), Adobe Platforms such as InDesign, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, Social Media Management
● If all skills do not apply, applicants should be willing to learn and develop them.
● Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
● Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task.
● Must be self-driven and highly motivated.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.