The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for committed team members for their 2024 Summer Baseball Season for the role of Operations Intern.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for eager team members to not only learn and help with day-to-day game operations throughout the season, but also to provide leadership to this area. You will be offered an inside look at game day operations at Shepherd Stadium through a very hands-on experience. This is an exciting and fun position that will add a meaningful experience to your resume.
Team members should be outgoing, solution oriented, have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a desire to learn. You will grow both personally and professionally and have lots of fun in the process!
This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in all operations areas including: ballpark and tickets operations, luxury suite accommodations, merchandise management & presentation, customer service, game day production, concessions operations, and more.
The position starts the week of May 15th and will end by August 3rd.
- Assist with game day operations and provide a quality experience for all guests at Shepherd Stadium.
- Assure the ballpark is a safe area for all guests in attendance.
- Participate as a team member daily and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service and overall customer satisfaction.
- Assist in setting up and closing down various components of events.
- Assist with merchandise in the Pepper Shack through set up, inventory tracking, cleaning, promotion, and sales.
- Assist with concessions services by working scheduled paid shifts, working with suite runners, and providing some leadership to concessions when arranged.
- Take the lead for game day operations and the operations team for a certain number of game dates.
- Provide direction, support, and information to vendors/group outings/guests as necessary in a timely manner.
- Work a certain number of office hours during the week to assist with daily operations tasks such as receiving and putting away food and beverage deliveries, stadium readiness and quality control checks, storage space organization, merchandise inventory control & readiness and more.
● Experience in sports or customer service preferred, but not necessary.
● Ability to problem solve under pressure.
● Comfortable with physically demanding work in warm weather conditions.
● A genuine desire to exceed the expectations of coworkers and guests everyday.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position for those in need of an experience to fulfill academic requirements. We also accept applications from recent college graduates looking to get additional experience. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.