The Tri-City Chili Peppers are looking for committed team members for their 2024 Summer Baseball Season for the role of Fan Engagement & Entertainment Intern.
The Chili Peppers are the HOTTEST team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Our team plays from late May through early August with up to 30 home games (with the potential for more) at Shepherd Stadium in Colonial Heights, VA. We employ a small full-time staff so part-time seasonal employees and interns will perform integral duties.
We are looking for creative team members that love to have fun, perform in front of a crowd, enjoy talking on a microphone, excel at spontaneous interactions, have a flair for creative script writing, and can influence others to have fun too. The fan engagement & entertainment team is an integral part of the Chili Peppers fan experience at Shepherd Stadium. Your performance can keep the fans coming back.
We're challenging the interns (or cast members) to think differently about how fans are entertained during a game. Maybe it's the Chili Peppers Variety Show which features live music, skits, singing, comedy or something else. The possibilities exist to do something different when entertaining the fans and giving you a platform to unleash your talents and creativity. Let's do something different this summer.
Interested team members should have either a background or interest in stage performance, stand up comedy, sports management, script writing, event planning, and stage management.
Candidates with a background in theater, emceeing, singing, stand up, and general stage production performances should include a link to a reel highlighting their experiences.
The position starts the week of May 15th and will end by August 3rd.
- Create, edit, and update game entertainment scripts.
- Work closely with the sales team to incorporate groups into in-game entertainment activities.
- Act as emcees for the in-game entertainment experience.
- Perform in skits or musical numbers for in-game entertainment.
- Assist and work closely with our mascot, in-game hosts, and contestants for in-game promotions.
- Able to follow scripts accordingly to ensure in-game activities and promotions are all executed properly.
- Maintain an upbeat and fun presence to create a more positive experience for fans.
- Must understand the role of public relations and must always be able to speak as a face of the brand.
- If need be, fill in for the public announcer or DJ.
- Work a certain number of office hours during the week to assist with preparation of and follow up on entertainment activities, national anthem performer scheduling, first pitch scheduling, community engagement events, script updates, stadium readiness quality control checks, storage space organization, and more.
- Assist with stadium preparation and clean up.
- Interest in pursuing a future career in the sports and/or entertainment industry.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortability speaking in front of large crowds.
- Must be out-going, enthusiastic, and great with spur of the moment interactions.
- A theater, musical theater and/or sports background are highly desirable
This is an unpaid/college credit internship position. The goal for those who accept this position is to give them real-world learning experiences and allow them an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.