The Morehead City Marlins are looking for qualified Broadcasting and Streaming Interns for the duration of the 2024 summer baseball season.
The Marlins are one of the most successful teams in the Coastal Plain League, a summer wood-bat collegiate baseball league with teams in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Our team will play a 48-game regular season from late May through early August, with 24 home games at Big Rock Stadium in Morehead City, NC.
We employ a small full-time staff, so interns will perform integral duties. Broadcasters hold a crucial role in delivering live commentary and analysis of the game to the audience, whether through radio, livestream, or online platforms. The play-by-play broadcaster is responsible for describing the action on the field in real-time. The color commentator provides expert analysis and insights into the game. Home games are broadcast on FloSports and away games are broadcast via radio through Mixlr.
Candidates interested in the broadcast position should include a link to highlight reels and/or play-by-play examples that show their relevant experiences.
- Summarize the key events, plays, and performances that occurred each game in a game overview to be posted to the team's website.
- Shoot videos of the team during training sessions, game days, and other events as needed.
- Execution of pre-production schedule, including video and audio.
- Aiding in the post-production process of exporting photos and videos to the team's website.
- Preparing daily game notes, game programs, and statistic packs for media and coaches.
- Maintain all press box equipment, including video and radio boards.
- Basic understanding of production and media.
- Thorough understanding of the rules of baseball is crucial. Broadcasters need to accurately interpret and explain plays, umpire decisions, and any rule-related incidents that may occur during the game.
- Must be willing to build storylines and narratives around the game, players, and teams. This creates a compelling and immersive experience for the audience.
- Preferred basic knowledge and experience of:
- Live Streaming
- Camera Operations
- Graphic Design
- Editing (Photo and Video)
- Adobe Platforms such as InDesign, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro
Qualified individuals should be competent professionals, able to independently perform all game day broadcasting and streaming activities, develop quality written communications with the media, communicate with the operations department, and effectively broadcast games to a large audience.
The goal for those who accept this position is to provide real-world learning experiences and an educational environment where they will learn and hone their skills within a vibrant workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.