The General Manager is responsible for management of all the operations of the organization. The GM is the leader of the organization, reporting directly to ownership and is responsible for the management of all staff. He/She is expected to create an environment of excellence and customer service within the organization.
The GM is accountable for all sales and revenue lines for the team. This includes developing new revenue streams while ensuring the renewal and maintenance of current revenue streams remain consistent on an annual basis.
There are five main revenue components (listed below) that determine the financial success of the organization. The General Manager's main responsibility is to oversee all revenue streams by utilizing the human and capital resources to achieve them. These include:
- Ticket Sales
- Food and Beverage
- Stadium Events and Rentals
- Develop and manage an operating budget including frequent reporting to ownership
- Develop & implement company strategies and operational plans
- Manage a variety of full-time, part time and volunteer/intern staff, including the hiring, training and professional development of all staff members
- Design and development of a sale & customer service oriented organization
- Lead sales and marketing efforts for all ticket sales, group sales, sponsorships, promotions and merchandise
- Develop relationships within the community with key members, constituents and business leaders
- Manage all game day operations, including security, guest services, concessions, ticketing, merchandise, game entertainment and promotions
- Act as the primary liaison and communicate effectively with ownership and the league office
- Responsible for all social media platforms and website
- Responsible for P.O.S system and I.T.
- Previous experience with operations and managing a sports team, preferably within Summer Collegiate or Minor League baseball or a professional sports organization strongly preferred. Familiarity with ticketing system a plus
- Superior communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are mandatory
- Proven track record of increasing revenues and improving customer service
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing programs to business and community organizations
- Candidates shall be organized, professional, efficient and effective communicator, positive forward-thinking and a strong results-oriented leader
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and can handle frequent changes
- Willingness to work long hours, including holidays and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.