Job Title: Runner
Department: Ballpark Operations
Reports To: Ball Park Operations Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preseason setup of Great American Ball Park
- Responsible for multiple pre-game, in-game, and post-game duties at Great American Ball Park.
- Providing setup and placement of tables, chairs, stanchions, ticket scanners, trash cans, and other items throughout the ballpark.
- Assist with “on call” such as wheelchair runs, on-site deliveries, and other customer service related needs.
- Assist with interactive games in the Fan Zone.
- Prepare and distribute giveaway items
- Responsible for postseason teardown of Great American Ball Park
- Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
- Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
- Ability to work full scale stadium concerts.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs and ramps for the entire event (5-7 hours)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and comprehend English.
- Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies.
- Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, contractors and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport large boxes and items in excess of 25 pounds
- Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
- Must be reliable, helpful, a good listener, able to follow directions and maintain a professional attitude.
- Prior experience in labor positions is preferred but is not required.
A requirement of the position is that you must be able to work at least three (3) weekend days each month during the 2023 season. Candidates are also required to be available for ballpark set up in March and ballpark winterization during the postseason.
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
- Runners are paid $11.50 per hour
- This position is outdoors and subject to weather conditions and requires standing on concrete for long periods of time as well as an extensive amount of walking and climbing steps
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 48 home games during the 2023 season which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays. A 2023 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.