Carolina League Careers
2022 Marketing and Social Internship - Winston Salem Dash Baseball Club (Winston Salem · NC)
Winston Salem Dash Baseball Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Winston Salem · NC
Reports to: Winston-Salem Dash Marketing Department
Start Date: May 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
End Date: August 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
Compensation: College Credit available – This position is non-paid.
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal
Marketing & Social Internship Description
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will assist with the Winston-Salem Dash digital marketing and social media campaigns for the 2022 season. The ideal candidate is creative, knowledgeable and active across social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. This position must be confident and poised in interacting with athletes and fans, along with contributing ideas to enhance our overall marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full understanding of each social media platform and it’s capabilities, while staying on top of trends and advancements
- Brainstorm social media promotions to highlight the Dash’s brand and maximize revenue
- Research strategies of other MiLB/MLB teams and other professional sports
- Perform market research
- Assist leadership in the development of a brand position and a consistent brand message through all internal and external forms of communication, including digital media and content, game operations, and fan communication
- Implement comprehensive and creative marketing campaigns supporting ticket sales and brand exposure and awareness.
- Assist in the reporting and measurement of campaign results and opportunities
- Ability to work nights and weekends during the Dash’s 2021 season
- Strong knowledge of social platforms and their respective algorithms
- Applicant should be a team player who is creative, driven and motivated for success
- Strong working knowledge of the game of baseball
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite is a plus (Photoshop, Premier, InDesign)
- Digital photography experience is a plus
- Previous experience working in sports is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please list out your personal Twitter and Instagram handles. (If private please accept follow request from @wsdashbaseball)
What social media platform is your favorite, and why?