JOB TITLE: Accounting Trainee
JOB REPORTS TO: Accounting Department
START DATE: May 1, 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
END DATE: August 31, 2022 (flexible with academic schedule)
COMPENSATION: College credit available - This position is non-paid.
STATUS: Part-time, seasonal
Accounting Trainee will have the opportunity to:
- Set up & maintain numerous accounting spreadsheets dealing with Dash baseball game day & Bowman Gray Stadium (“BGS”) NASCAR activities (parking, tickets, kidszone, merchandise, food and beverage etc.) and learn how these support company books and records. Trainee will develop knowledge of accounting practices, coordinate with other departments and increase proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Prepare and update inventory spreadsheets to monitor our food and beverage costs in our AYCE (all you can eat) ticket sales programs and BGS concessions activity. Trainee will learn the fundamentals of performing physical inventory, data entry, tracking, reporting and analyzing results.
- Utilize company accounting system (QuickBooks) to process accounts payable invoices
- Participate in month end activities including physical inventories, operational summaries, and expense tracking by department.
- Perform administrative duties including filing, sorting, stuffing and mailing and will learn the necessity of these activities within a small business environment.
- Uphold the Dash's five core business philosophies
- Participate in other departmental informational meetings and interact with other Dash Interns
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, responsible and reliable
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and communication skills with the ability to meet deadlines and established goals.
- Willingness to assume responsibilities and contribute to a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- TRAINING: All trainees in the Winston-Salem Dash accounting department will receive training in conjunction with their day-to-day projects and responsibilities. They will also participate in joint meetings with trainees from other WS Dash departments. This is a great learning opportunity for a motivated student and a strong job experience to add to a resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.