Carolina League Careers
Director of Merchandise - Wilmington Blue Rocks (Wilmington · DE)
Wilmington Blue Rocks jobs
Sports Jobs in Wilmington · DE
Retail/Licensing: Retail Management
The Wilmington Blue Rocks are in search of an outgoing energetic and creative professional who is a clear self-starter. This position provides guests with quality merchandise and excellent service by effectively managing all aspects of the merchandise operation, including, but not limited to, purchasing, marketing, inventory control, staffing, training, cost controls, accounting procedures and the operation of all stadium retail and on-line retail outlets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drive merchandise sales with innovation and promotions.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for the merchandise from purchase-to-sell process and ensuring margins are maintained.
- Monitor and measure operational performance against goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action is taken as needed.
- Develop warehousing/storage plan to assure easy access and accountability of merchandise.
- Develop merchandising plan for all retail outlets in stadium and on-line stores.
- Stay up to date on all MLB Licensing regulations.
- Perform monthly inventory reports
- Supervise assigned personnel, hire, terminate, discipline, evaluate performance and develop each employee to his/her potential.
- Assist in the development of programs that result in increased customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all cash handling procedures are in effect at all times.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2-3 years of merchandise experience
- Point of sale experience
- High level of integrity
- Familiarity with inventory control procedures and policies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Technically proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Strong team work ethic.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have strong people skills able to motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekend, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If needed, are you local to the Wilmington, Delaware area?
How many years of relevant experience do you have?