Carolina League Careers
Stadium Operations Assistant (Seasonal Position) with Myrtle Beach Pelicans in Myrtle Beach · SC
Myrtle Beach Pelicans jobs
Sports Jobs in Myrtle Beach · SC
Who are the Myrtle Beach Pelicans?
We are the Advanced-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs and are located less than a mile from the beautiful white sand beaches that stretch for 60+ miles along the Grand Strand. Myrtle Beach hosts 16,000,000+ visitors annually and the destination consistently ranks among the best in the country. The Pelicans are in their 22nd year in Myrtle Beach and play at the beautiful TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Awards & Accolades
- 2015 Bob Freitas Class A-Advanced Award Winner (Baseball America)
- Top 10 MiLB Experience (Stadium Journey Magazine)
- Carolina League Excellence in Marketing & Promotions Award
- Top 5 Myrtle Beach Attraction (TripAdvisor)
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Recipient
- Franchise Sellout Record (15)
- Franchise Record for Average Nightly Attendance (3,877)
- Back-to-Back Carolina League Champions (2015 & 2016)
- 17 MiLB Golden Bobblehead Award Nominations
Do you want to be a SUPERSTAR?
In mostly every industry you'll find people who are content with where they are. However, you'll also find people who have the drive, will and determination to keep getting better every single day. With the Myrtle Beach Pelicans we pride ourselves on hiring those types of people in every department. Under the leadership of the Greenberg Sports Group, we want to hire stars that will become superstars in the sports industry and have the track record to prove it. After you've established yourself as an operations expert we'll want to promote you here or you'll have opportunities within Greenberg Sports Group. If you are interested in becoming a SUPERSTAR, then you've come to the right place.
- Work closely with the Assistant General Manager/Operations in the areas of facility operations management and daily ballpark operations.
- Work in tandem with the Cleaning Supervisor to ensure the ballpark is kept clean by the cleaning crew
- Assist in ensuring ballpark is setup on specific schedule prior to gates open
- Serve as liaison and/or perform duties for custodial and maintenance needs
- Ability to learn the ballpark operating systems, i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical and concessions
- Assist in supervision and execution of ballpark parking operation
- Assist in game day operations as needed as well as special events or projects
- Work with Pelicans parking crew to ensure a friendly efficient experience
- Maintain relationship with front office staff and City employees in regards to operational needs
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training and supervision of ballpark cleaning personnel
- Assist in facilitating daily game staff briefings
- Actively participate in making the Ticket Return.com Field the best ballpark experience in the country
- Assist on playing field as needed
- Assist in the orchestration of outside events, i.e Myrtle Beach Marathon, Baseball at the Beach, city events, Triple Crown,etc
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Experience in general maintenance with a good working knowledge of light tools
- Available to work a full schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended
- General Knowledge of Small Engine Repair preferred but not required
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Prior MiLB experience preferred
- Dependable with reliable transportation
- Willingness to pursue a career in MiLB
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. and stand or walk for long periods of time in adverse weather including rain and heat
- Have Experience working with a large facility cleaning operation
- Dedicated to making the Pelicans Experience the best in the country is a must
- This is a hands on position, in both a supervisory and maintenance role
- Position is seasonal
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?