Who are the Myrtle Beach Pelicans?
We are the Class-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs and are located less than a mile from the beautiful white sand beaches that stretch for 60+ miles along the Grand Strand. Myrtle Beach hosts 20,000,000+ visitors annually and the destination consistently ranks among the best in the country. The Pelicans are entering their 25th season in Myrtle Beach and play at beautiful Pelicans Ballpark.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Awards & Accolades
- #1 MiLB Single-A Ballpark Experience for 5th Consecutive Year (Stadium Journey Magazine, 2023)
- 2020 Community Award Winner (SC Governor’s Conference on Tourism & Travel)
- 2015 Bob Freitas Class A-Advanced Award Winner (Baseball America)
- Carolina League Excellence in Marketing & Promotions Award
- Top 5 Myrtle Beach Attraction (TripAdvisor)
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Recipient
- Franchise Sellout Record (15)
- Franchise Record for Average Nightly Attendance (4,197)
- Back-to-Back Carolina League Champions (2015 & 2016)
Do you want to be a SUPERSTAR?
In most every industry you'll find people who are content with where they are. However, you'll also find people who have the drive, will and determination to keep getting better every single day. With the Myrtle Beach Pelicans we pride ourselves on hiring those types of people in every department. Under the leadership of the Greenberg Sports Group, we want to hire stars that will become superstars in the sports industry and have the track record to prove it. After you've established yourself as an operations expert we'll want to promote you here or you'll have opportunities within Greenberg Sports Group. If you are interested in becoming a SUPERSTAR, then you've come to the right place.
The goal of the Merchandising Assistant is to gain experience in the everyday operations of a Minor League Baseball merchandise operation. An assistant should be prepared to work 40+ hours during a non‐game week up to 100 hours during a home stand.
Responsibilities will include exceptional customer service as well as maintaining merchandise/stock counts, daily opening/closing tasks, placing orders and counting in stock when it arrives, executing visual merchandising and housekeeping standards. There may be other duties involved within the ballpark that are not listed here. There will be a close working relationship between the Director of Retail & Ballpark Operations, as well as other key members of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans Front Office staff.
By the end of the season you will:
- Have in‐depth knowledge of products offered by Minor League Baseball’s licensed vendors
- Have gained valuable networking opportunities with Minor League Baseball and the Vendors with which we work.
- Assistants are preferably of college graduate status or employee eligible , meaning able to accept a full time job upon completion
- A strong interest in the sports industry.
- A wide range of majors are encouraged to apply, but most of our applicants are marketing, business, recreation/tourism and sport management majors.
- History of handling cash preferred.
- Assistants should be able to perform physically demanding aspects of the job.
- Applications must be willing to dedicate 40‐100 hours per week to their position, including all home games and other ballpark events.
- Applicants should have a strong working knowledge of design programs such as Photoshop/Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
Season Position: beginning March - mid‐late September
Please apply via Teamworkonline.com. No phone calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.