Carolina League Careers
Operations Manager - Jersey Shore BlueClaws (Lakewood · NJ)
Jersey Shore BlueClaws jobs
Sports Jobs in Lakewood · NJ
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and implementing the cleaning services of BlueClaws Stadium for the Jersey Shore BlueClaws, Affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the ballpark by hiring, training and implementing our cleaning services team. This team is built to ensure post game and post event cleanings leave the facility clean to a set of agreed upon standards and that the facility is operational for the next event. We are looking for a candidate with considerable managerial experience that has the ability to recruit and maintain new talent, create core job functions for staff, and implement new techniques to enhance the overall quality of the facility.
This position will work collaboratively with the Assistant General Manager, Director of Grounds, and Event & Operations Managers in creating a safe, clean, and functional facility that follows the Standards of Excellence and Standard Operating Procedures of the company set forth by the President and Assistant General Manager.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and attract high performing personnel to our revamped cleaning services team that has the responsibility to clean FirstEnergy Park after each event held at the ballpark, including routine office cleanings.
- Create and execute cleaning services plan up to core standards for the BlueClaws Standard of Excellence to be conducted during and post event.
- Train cleaning services team on basic job functions and actively oversee their performance with a hands on coaching approach to ensure that the ballpark is held to our specific standards.
- Actively manage inventory and ordering of equipment and supplies which relate to the basic job functions of the cleaning services team.
- Actively participates in the planning and executing of all post event cleanings including 66 scheduled baseball games and a variety of special events.
- Schedule cleaning services team for post event hours and manage staff hours to stay within operating budget
- Actively seeks and evaluate new methods to improve performance of Cleaning Services Team and overall cleanliness and functionality of the ballpark
- Interacts effectively and diplomatically with all stakeholders including staff, management, clients, and general public to maintain a customer friendly environment.
- Maintain excellent service while operating / exceeding under the budgetary guidelines for equipment, supplies, and labor set forth by the team President and AGM.
- Oversees and provides direction for the collection of competitive product and pricing information. Recommends pricing strategies based on the competitor’s analysis.
- Assist in ballpark preparation and opening for season through various tasks in coordination with the rest of the operations department
- Assist with various stadium maintenance projects as needed
- Assist in the overall upkeep of the stadium
- Assist grounds crew with field maintenance and upkeep as needed
- Collaborates with other members of the BlueClaws executive team to formulate and implement policies as it applies to the facility.
- Responsible for helping with placing and removing the tarp from the BlueClaws infield as well as creating a plan to be able to utilize staff for early morning tarp pulls when the full-time staff is not present.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Supervision Received or Exercised
This position reports directly to the Assistant General Manager. Directly supervises the Cleaning Services staff.
Responsibilities for Budget / Assets
Position is responsible for meeting/exceeding established budget guidelines for cleaning services budgets including: labor, cleaning supplies, and equipment needed to expertly operate the Cleaning Services aspects of the ballpark. Position is responsible for maintaining equipment associated with these job functions.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years management and facility services experience with a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Ability to interpret the business goals of the department and apply techniques to execute those goals.
- Specific experience desired in custodial or facility operations.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills with ability to handle high-volume workload, manage concurrent projects, meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise astute judgment.
- Requires excellent customer service orientation, strong leadership and people skills with ability to build and foster a team environment.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills are highly desirable.
- Position requires knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights/ weekends and holidays.