About the Columbia Fireflies: The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are in class A.
Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000.
All internships will include:
- Answer phones & assist customers/fans that come to the office
- Assist in office organization
- Assist in community appearances; taking turns dressing as our mascot
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation)
- Assist and/or participate in game day and non-game day special events as assigned
- Contribute in preparation and execution of team marketing plan, execution of promotions both in-season and pre-season
- Distribute pocket schedules to local businesses
- Participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
Merchandise (1 position)
Reports to the Merchandise Manager
- Assist with the oversight of all store, online, and phone merchandise sales
- Fulfill online orders (packaging/shipping them)
- Create attractive displays inside the store and adjust store layout
- Maintain an organized and clean shop and storage room
- Perform inventory counts and monitor inventory levels
- Assist with the ordering of merchandise
- Man a register or be on the sales floor during games
- A preferred candidate will be able to lift 50 pounds
Please Note: It is not required but encouraged for interested individuals to live within commuting distance or have housing in the Columbia area beginning in January. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letter, resume, two references, and answers to the questions below to be considered for an interview.
*All staff members and interns are to lead by example and set a high standard for game day employees (i.e. wearing proper work attire, great customer service, no foul language, etc.) *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.