About the Columbia Fireflies: The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are in class A.
Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000.
- Assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations for all baseball games and special events (non-baseball games) at Segra Park
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all aspects of day-to-day operations
- Assist in managing over 200 seasonal employees
- Schedule Game Day employees and assisting with payroll
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Maintain the proper care of equipment
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and train other employees on point-of-sale systems
- Assist with stocking and preparing concession stands and food carts for all games
- Help maintain cleanliness of stands to meet health code regulations
- Help control inventory, food costs and labor costs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time; climb stairs as needed
- Assist with daily office operations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ensure all COVID-19 guidelines are enforced
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
*Housing is not provided*
*All staff members and interns are to lead by example and set a high standard for Game Day employees (i.e., wearing proper work attire, great customer service, no foul language, etc.) *
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.