The RiverDogs are nationally recognized as one of the top organizations in professional sports, gaining notoriety for unique promotions, outrageous food and beverage items, and excellent customer service. The RiverDogs strive to provide a diverse fanbase with a memorable and highly entertaining experience at each of its 66 home games and many other events at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park in downtown Charleston.
The RiverDogs offer several full-time internships, which start in mid-March and go through the end of August. These are unpaid positions, which can be completed for college credit. These internships are designed to provide interns with insight into the entire scope of a minor league baseball operation.
Ticket Operations and Sales
- Reports to Ticket Operations Manager and Sales Staff to assist with day to day box office operations including customer service and sales.
- Prospect single game / first time buyers.
- Sell single game tickets at the ticket window and over the phone.
- Answer the phones in the box office.
- Contribute in preparation and execution of team marketing plan.
- Contribute in preparation and execution of promotions.
- Participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation.
- Special Events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or independently (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Ability to work event nights including some weekends.
- Improve customer service skill
- Introduction to ticket sales
- Gain experience in planning promotional nights, special events
- Laarn the overall operation, workings of professional sports organization
- Help coordinate grassroots marketing & community relations push
- Become proficient in the Ticketing system
- Prepare student for full-time employment opportunities in sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.