More Information Less Information
Mascot Performer with Myrtle Beach Pelicans in Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach Pelicans jobs
Sports Jobs in Myrtle Beach, SC
The Pelicans are the Advanced-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. For more information visit our website at www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com.
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are seeking an individual to perform as one of the team's mascots. This paid, part-time position will give candidates a valuable experience in the professional sports industry. Candidates who have completed a four-year college degree or working toward a degree are a plus, but not necessary. All appropriate candidates will be required to audition as a part of the interview process. The hired candidate will report directly to the Director of Fan Engagement to help enhance the fan experience at TicketReturn.com Field. The position will run from March to September.
• Perform as Splash the Pelican or Rally Shark at all Pelicans home games and if necessary, community events.
• Work with Pelicans staff to develop and execute new skits, dance routines and other in-game mascot entertainment.
• Create a fun and energetic in-game experience by personally interacting with fans inside and outside of the stadium.
• Ensure the proper use and maintenance of mascot equipment and alert manager of repairs that are needed in a timely manner.
• Represent the Myrtle Beach Pelicans in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including all home games.
• Outgoing, dependable and organized, with a willingness and desire to have fun.
• Comfortable performing in front of large crowds with an ability to generate crowd enthusiasm.
• Must be adaptable, versatile and tactful in dealing with the public.
• Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to handle the demands of working in full-body costume (i.e. work outdoors in all weather conditions, move easily with limited peripheral vision).
• Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Previous mascot performance experience preferred, but not necessary.
• Must be between 5'7" and 6'2" in height.
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to be a mascot?
Do you live in the Myrtle Beach area?