Stadium Operations Manager
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are seeking to fill the role of Stadium Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for maintaining Bowling Green Ballpark – a 5,000-seat facility in beautiful downtown Bowling Green, Kentucky. Individual is responsible for ensuring the facility operates effectively during all Hot Rods home games as well as non-baseball related events. Individual must have strong management skills, be enthusiastic, organized, attentive, and team-oriented leading the Bowling Green Hot Rods in achieving facility goals. This position will also oversee the $3 million in stadium renovations in including new club house features and fan enhancements at Bowling Green Ballpark!
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are excited to be heading into the 14th season as the Tampa Bay Rays High A Affiliate and a proud member of the growing south-central Kentucky community. During the 2019 off-season, the Hot Rods invested $2.5 Million dollars in capital improvement including renovations to the Reinhart Stadium Club, installed one of the largest video boards in all of MiLB, finished the 360 degree concourse walkway, brand new playing surface and installed a splash pad. The Hot Rods averaged over 2,500+ fans per game during the 2021 season, while adding another 200 special events throughout the year! With that, growth comes a great opportunity to mold and help lead our organization as a high energy, dedicated operations professional, and key member of our team.
- Complete preventative and routine maintenance according to daily, weekly, and annual maintenance schedule for Bowling Green Ballpark. This includes basic upkeep of HVAC, plumbing, painting, winterization/de-winterization and all other building and facility needs
- Install and manage all stadium signage including outfield wall pads, concourse, exterior/interior, suite façade, concession, etc. This position needs to be comfortable operating scissor and boom lift
- Maintain an organized shop as well as operations supply inventory
- Oversee stadium cleanliness and keep a working inventory of janitorial supplies to guarantee Bowling Green Ballpark is always first class and “game ready”
- Manage game day staff for Kids Play Area and Bat Boy departments
- Set up/tear down for games and stadium special event
- Picnics, parties, concerts, weddings, company outings/meetings, etc.
- Troubleshoot facility problems in a quick and effective manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- One to Two years of facility or operations management experience
- Strong work ethic and goal-orientated
- General understanding of the everyday workings of a facility
- Extended hours from February to September
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Enthusiastic attitude, willing to assist others as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.