Vette City Catering is looking for an energetic, highly motivated sales leader to help grow our special event business. Within the past 2 years, we have seen over 2 million dollars in upgrades to our facility with increased meeting and event space. Bowling Green Ballpark is a first-class facility, and we are looking for a high-quality salesperson to come in help build our event business inside and outside of the baseball season. Duties would also include coordination and execution of catering and service for premium suite level during all home Hot Rods games.
- Create and lead the direction of our special events team to ensure revenue is maximized for all events spaces during the calendar year.
- Maintain accurate reporting regarding sales, forecasting, activity, and account maintenance
- Develop special event leads, while also presenting and selling special event packages to local businesses
- Help build and create pricing for rental space for different event types such as meeting, party, etc.
- Prospecting and qualifying leads and setting face-to-face appointments for new business
- Ability to work towards both individual and team-based sales goals
- Provide new and innovative special event ideas to assist in the advancement of sales efforts
- Collaborate with the Executive Team in the development of strategies, plans and initiatives relative to new and renewal business development
- Help build Bowling Green Ballparks image in the community
- Represent the Club at various promotional events
- Join professional associations and attend networking events to promote awareness of our product in the local business community
- Fulfill catering orders and coordinate with staff
- Scheduling of wait and bar staff
- Assist Hot Rods Game Day staff with game preparation and tear down.
- Expansive knowledge of sales in the hospitality industry
- Prior track record of highly successful sales
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in sales and customer service
- A minimum of one (1) year work experience in event planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing/Sports Management or hospitality related field
- Strong computer skills in all aspects of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Required to work long hours, including nights, weekends and early mornings.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
- Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.