The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky. The 2021 High-A East Champion, Bowling Green Hot Rods, look to continue to provide family fun entertainment in the South-Central Kentucky area. The Bowling Green Hot Rods partner with numerous local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. We aim to provide the best family fun entertainment you can find in South Central Kentucky all year long! The Hot Rods are looking for qualified assistants to join our staff for the 2022 season. Our goal for you is to learn the entry level expectations of the sports industry and get the full experience of working for a professional baseball team.
Promotions and Marketing Assistant Job Duties
- Assist in the development, preparation, coordination, and execution of theme nights throughout the season
- Book National Anthem performers, Color Guards, hometown heroes, and other in-game entertainment as needed
- Assist in coordinating outside vendors and appearances for theme nights
- Assist in developing entertainment aspects for in between innings
- Assist with pre-game entertainment and giveaways
- Lead in-game entertainment
- Oversee the promotions team including hiring and scheduling interns, mascots, and game day staff members
- Create in-game mascot and promotions team itineraries
- Perform as on-field host when necessary
- Coordinate distribution of all marketing materials throughout the community and stadium, including pocket schedules, print/digital programs, posters, handouts, etc.
- Assist with marketing needs including TV, Radio and Print advertising
- Coordinate email marketing
- Assist in creating scripts for media placements
- Assist in creating grassroots marketing campaigns
- Manage all photo and creative inventory as it pertains to proof of performance and marketing needs
- Assist in collection of sponsorship materials and activation of sponsorship elements across all mediums
- Help service all corporate advertising clients; including but not limited to, attending client meetings, creating reports, and developing proof of performance documents
- Assist in planning non-game day events
- Identify new community relations ventures and work with Manager of Fan Engagement on how to successfully carry them out
- Assist in coordination of community programs
- Assist in processing and filling donation requests
- Assist in keeping an accurate and updated community report
- Represent the Hot Rods at assigned community events and appearances
- All other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Previous experience in marketing, promotions or community engagement is a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be outgoing and comfortable in front of crowds
- Must be highly self-motivated
- A “can-do” attitude that is willing to put in the work to set a high standard
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Ability to work all Hot Rods home games and special events
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.