Game Night Internship Overview
The Bowling Green Hot Rods are entering their 14th season in South Central Kentucky as the High-A Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays. The Hot Rods are looking for qualified interns to join our staff for the 2022 season. Our goal for you is to learn the entry level expectations of the sports industry and get the full experience of working for a minor league baseball team. Coming off a championship in 2021, we expect it to be an exciting year and an incredible learning experience.
Game Day Promotions Responsibilities:
- Execute the in-game show created by Hot Rods staff in order to entertain fans while at Bowling Green Ballpark
- Interact with fans on behalf of the Bowling Green Hot Rods during games
- Uphold the values of the Hot Rods
- Act as mascot handler on assigned days
- Execute in-game entertainment needs such as throwing t-shirts, or assisting and participating in between inning contests
- Assist in giveaways on theme nights
- Participate in theme nights when dressing up is necessary
- Sign up participants for in between inning contests
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR working toward a degree with an interest in a sports career
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication & organization skills
- Enthusiastic attitude, good at collaborating with others in a close work environment
- Ability to work all Hot Rods home games and special events; includes ability to work long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Available to work the busiest day of the year, July 4th.
To apply for an internship with the Hot Rods you must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing at an accredited college or university.
- Internship may be used to fulfill class credit requirements or completed as a paid internship for individuals not seeking class credit.
- Compensation will be paid in accordance with Kentucky State hourly minimum wage guidelines
- Upon completion of class credit, internship may be extended and transition to a paid internship by mutual agreement.
- Housing is not provided for this internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.