California League Careers
Director of Operations - Fresno Grizzlies (Fresno · CA)
Fresno Grizzlies jobs
Sports Jobs in Fresno · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The Fresno Grizzlies Baseball Club, proud Single-A Affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, are seeking a well-qualified individual for the role of Director of Operations. This individual is responsible for ensuring that Chukchansi Park operates in an efficient manner and held to the highest operational standards. Departments overseen: Grounds, Stadium Maintenance and Operations, Guest Services, Baseball Operations – including team travel, and Stadium Events. This person will report directly to the President and AGM of the Club.
- Oversee Guest Services Manager, Operations Managers, and Operations assistants during all stadium events
- Assist with operational setup and coordination for stadium events
- Oversee supervision and training of game day staff as needed
- Hire, train, conduct payroll for Operations department staff
- Assist Director of Stadium Operations and Head Groundskeeper with maintenance projects.
- Manage all team travel with travel agent and local road bus travel (Affiliate guidelines)
- Manage all local transportation and housing for Visiting Team and Umpire Crews
- Supervise Clubhouse Managers and baseball operations staff
- Assist in ordering all required team equipment
- Book, contract, and execute special events for the Fresno Grizzlies, City of Fresno and outside clients
- Assist Community Relations with scheduling players for appearances and getting autographed memorabilia from home and visiting players for auctions
- Manage all player requests and serve as liaison for player families
- Coordinate with Guest Service Manager for staffing needs
- Oversee all stadium security including overnight and camera monitoring system
- Assist with game day and on-field promotions
- Coordinate stadium conversion for special events
- Serve as one of primary contacts for Fresno PD, Fresno Fire, Security Company, MLB Affiliate, City of Fresno, and more
- Create and implement department budget
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree plus two years full-time directly related work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with a minor league or major league baseball team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead, plan and direct the work of department.
- Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
- Skill in resolving problems with clients and with staff.
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.