MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Special Police Officer Supervisor
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Reporting to the Manager of Security, the SPO Supervisor of Security will competently perform all of the duties assigned to Special Police Officer, as needed or required by the situation(s). SPO Supervisors will provide the necessary instruction, guidance, training and direction to all Special Police Officers charged in their care in a manner that ensures professional compliance with all company policies, procedures and task assignments. SPO Supervisors are expected to lead by example and will discharge their responsibilities in a manner that reflects positively and in the best interest of the organization. SPO Supervisors will lead one of the three shifts of SPO’s and be responsible to direct activities and ensure completion of tasks associated with the shift are completed in a professional and timely fashion.
This position is designated as an “essential employee” and may be required to stay beyond regular work hours and/or report in from off-duty to assist with minimum staffing coverage.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Remain proficient, knowledgeable, and ready to fulfill all requirements of Special Police Officer as necessary.
• Performs duties in a respectful, professional and dignified manner ensuring compliance with established standards.
• Conducts the required patrols as outlined by Post Instructions and Security Informational Updates in a manner that is investigative, complete, competent and dedicated to the standards of the company.
• Responsible for maintaining order on the property, utilizing the respect, care and to the greatest extent possible, positive customer service in dealing with guests, visitors, employees and unknown individuals.
• Responsible for ensuring that trespassers and undesirable/unauthorized individuals are kept off of the property, utilizing the legal methods outlined in the provided policies and procedures. Take recommended action to deal with undesired conduct and law violations in compliance with established policy.
• Be prepared to take immediate and appropriate action in responding to emergencies, situations and events as situations dictate.
• Submit well-written and comprehensive reports setting forth facts of complaints, observations, actions taken and investigative findings.
• Advise the On-Duty-Manager of all activities that would be of interest, importance or concern regarding the property or any activity at the Stadium.
• Plan assignments and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees’ addressing complaints and resolving issues in conjunction with the Security Manager; develop individual and shift goals and objectives.
• Properly train, develop, evaluate and inspect subordinate Special Police Officers on all aspects of their Post Assignment and expected duties. Provide reinforcement training as needed and required to ensure established standards are received and understood.
• Provides direct interaction with all Special Police Officers charged in their care and, also on the shift, ensures policy and procedure compliance, uniform and appearance standards, and operational responsibilities are all completed to the organizations expectation.
• Take immediate corrective action in a professional manner when discrepancies are observed. Corrective action will be properly documented and reported to the Manager and/or Director of Security.
• Conduct Roll Call activities to include reading all pertinent Shift Reports, Brief Sheets, Pass-Down Information, Staffing Schedules and any other information regarding the proper execution of duties required. SPO Supervisors will perform these duties and requirements to standard and as appropriate, communicate any challenges, issues, or obstacles to task completion to the Manager of Security.
• Inspect all shift related/required support items for accountability, serviceability and appropriateness for use in the performance of required duties. Document and report all discrepancies, issues, or concerns to the Manager of Security in a timely manner.
• Conduct all required Post Checks, perform post compliance evaluations, make any necessary corrections, and document all requirements as outlined by policy and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma, preferred Associates degree
• Minimum of two year related experience;
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a supervisor or leader.
• Must possess SOMB Security license.
• Must be a U.S Citizen.
• Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Understands the need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
• An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet manipulation.
• Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well presented documents.
• Ability to operate under pressure.
• Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
• Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
• Knowledge of MLB Security policies and procedures
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.