Social Media Intern with USA Baseball in Cary · NC
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
- Create and post content to USA Baseball’s official and auxiliary Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts and the official Appalachian League accounts.
- Serve as the on-site social media producer for USA Baseball events at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and other domestic locations as assigned.
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing date-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team.
- Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels.
- Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball’s brand awareness online.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes
- Experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation
- Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball:
How did you hear about this job?
Which position dates listed above are you interested in? Please list one or both.
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that includes social media samples:
What is your experience level working with social media analytics and using them to drive content strategy and creation?
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?