Intern, Youth Programs - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
May 2023 - August 2023
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Fun At Bat program at micro and macro levels, to further take the program to scale at the national level with a focus on the after-school setting.
- Research and define target markets for Fun At Bat program expansion.
- Assist the Assistant Director, Youth Programs as point of contact for individual schools seeking to participate in the Fun At Bat program.
- Assist in the planning and build out of new USA Baseball Development initiatives.
- Coordinate with other department staff on proliferation of USA Baseball’s educational resources and movement prep initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation, on-site and overall execution of select USA Baseball Development related events.
- All candidates should have a background or interest in sports with a working knowledge of baseball.
- Candidates should possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- All candidates must demonstrate computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
- Willingness to travel to USA Baseball events throughout the United States.
- Passionate about giving back to the greater community and helping kids.
- Ability to utilize existing and emerging networks within the game to achieve team goals.
- Previous youth or community-based program research and event management experience.
- A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
At USA Baseball we would encourage you to apply to as many internship positions that you find a genuine interest in. If you decide to apply to more than one USA Baseball position, please list them here:
Are you a local candidate?
If selected for this position and you are not a local candidate, would you be willing to relocate?
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have youth programming or community-based experience? If yes, please elaborate.
Do you have any obligations during the spring/summer of 2023? If yes, please elaborate.