May – July 2023
Full-time hours. Based in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area.
Position Reports to: Director of Social Media and Coordinator of Social Media.
Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Social Media intern to help develop and implement USA Baseball’s social media strategy for all of its social media profiles in order to increase brand awareness and online presence, as well as improve marketing efforts for the organization. This position will have a focus on USA Baseball National Team Championships Arizona and will play a major role in overall USA Baseball coverage and storytelling. The Social Media intern will work closely with a multitude of social media accounts across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok including those for USA Baseball national teams, events, partners and programs.
- Create and post content to USA Baseball’s official and auxiliary social media accounts.
- Serve as the on-site social media producer for USA Baseball events at the various complexes located in Peoria, Glendale, and Surprise, Arizona (and other domestic locations as assigned).
- Capture content and create copy for social media accounts as assigned.
- Work closely with USA Baseball Shop to promote and market items through social media.
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing date-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team.
- Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels.
- Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball’s brand awareness online.
- Keep detailed records of analytics and mentions for social media accounts as assigned.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative and strategic thinking.
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes.
- Experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation.
- Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.