Intern, Social Media - USA Baseball (Cary · NC)
- Create and post content to USA Baseball’s official and auxiliary social media accounts.
- Serve as the on-site social media producer for USA Baseball events at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and other domestic locations as assigned.
- Capture content and create copy for social media accounts as assigned.
- Work closely with USA Baseball Shop to promote and market items through social media.
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing date-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team.
- Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels.
- Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball’s brand awareness online.
- Keep detailed records of analytics and mentions for social media accounts as assigned.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs to assist with tarp pulls throughout the year.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative and strategic thinking.
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes.
- Experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation.
- Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy.
- Strong organization skills.
- Willingness to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that includes social media samples:
What is your experience level working with social media analytics and using them to drive content strategy and creation?