Intern, Media Relations - USA Baseball (Durham · NC)
Position 1: North Carolina
- Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization, including statistical requests and photo/video.
- Monitor media through web research and social media for opportunities to engage with and create content for the organization.
- Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters and statistics, as well as photos and videos.
- Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball’s official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
- Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events assigned, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media coverage, program creation, scoring, and content creation.
- Assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program as assigned.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
- Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred
- Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
Why do you want to work for USA Baseball?
Please indicate which position(s) you would like to be considered for: Arizona, North Carolina, or both.
Please provide a link to an online portfolio that includes writing samples.
Have you ever scored a baseball game? If so, how did you score the game (i.e., paper score book, StatCrew, GameChanger, etc.)?
Have you ever worked on/updated websites? If so, which content management systems (CMS) have you used (Homebase, Netitor, Joomla, WordPress)? What is your comfort level with basic HTML?