Intern, Data and Technology – Appalachian League
Start Date: June 2nd, 2023
End Date: August 1, 2023
*The Appalachian League is hiring ten Intern, Data and Technology candidates.
The Appalachian League, run by USA Baseball and powered by Major League Baseball, is seeking highly qualified associates to support day-to-day technical and operational needs. The Data and Technology Coordinator supports the data capture, research and data distribution throughout the Appy League. Candidates should be passionate about athlete development and have an understanding of both the college and professional amateur baseball landscape. This position will report to the Managing Director. Positions run from June 2nd, 2023 to August 1st, 2023 barring Championship Game participation.
- Serve as technology liaison for Appalachian League teams, coaches, players and other stakeholders.
- At Home Games, serve as the Synergy operator and perform all necessary functions of operations and uploading.
- At Away Games serve as the TrackMan operator and perform all necessary functions of tagging and uploading.
- Facilitate video coordination of all games and practice video to coaches, players and league operators.
- Aid coaches, players and league operators in analyzing captured data/video from TrackMan, Synergy, Diamond Kinetics, Rapsodo and other technology platforms.
- Verify data accuracy and video quality.
- Answer ad-hoc research questions pertaining to player performance and game recaps.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of all equipment.
- Working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have an excellent attitude, work ethic and work well in a team setting.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in baseball operations, amateur scouting, player development, or team operations.
- Proficiency with computers (Windows, Mac).
- Experience with TrackMan, Synergy, Rapsodo and Diamond Kinetics is a plus.
- The role requires availability outside of traditional work hours including night, weekends and all games of your assigned team.
- Completion of the USA Baseball comprehensive background check.
- Completion of the United States Olympic Committee’s SafeSport Training Course and signing of the Minor Athlete Safety Policies.
- Submission of all required paperwork, including coaching contract, participation liability form and any additional relevant waivers.
- Stipend to be paid bi-weekly, in addition to a per diem for road games.
- Travel to and from the league on the designated report and departure dates will be reimbursed by the team.
- Lodging will be provided throughout the season.