Intern, Baseball Operations - 12U National Team - USA Baseball (Cary · NC)
Team roster: The 11U Futures Invitational, 10U Futures Invitational and the National Team Identification
Anticipated Start Date: March 13, 2023
- Serve as a key liaison to the Futures Invitational team contacts.
- Provide administrative support for the Futures Invitational including but not limited to gathering roster and insurance information, communicating with programs via phone, email, and fielding questions about the event.
- Assist in communication for all 12U identification events.
- Conduct online and on-site registration for all 12U events.
- Assist in all administrative needs for 12U National Team Trials and Training.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and operational duties associated with other USA Baseball events and assist other departments within the organization as necessary.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Available to travel during June & July.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Professional communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Weekend and weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC from May – August.
- A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment .
- All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
What makes you a good fit at USA Baseball?
Are you a local candidate?
If selected for this position and you are not a local candidate, would you be willing to relocate?
What intrigues you the most about working for USA Baseball?
Who is your favorite athlete and why?
If you could be any base on a baseball field, which base would you be and why?
At USA Baseball we would encourage you to apply to as many internship positions that you find a genuine interest in. If you decide to apply to more than one USA Baseball position, please list them here: