Intern, Athlete Safety - USA Baseball (Cary · NC)
requirements at USA Baseball events, per the requirements of the United States Olympic and Paralympic
Committee and the U.S. Center for SafeSport. This position will be responsible for assisting with on-site
SafeSport Compliance at USA Baseball events. Most USA Baseball events will be held in Cary, North
Carolina, but there are some events that will be held out of state and travel will be required. This
position will report to the Senior Director of Athlete Safety and Education.
Anticipated Start Date: February 6, 2023 (Full-time hours)
Anticipated End Date: September 29, 2023
- Assist in the SafeSport compliance process through tracking and monitoring completion pre-event for USA Baseball events.
- Assist in the SafeSport compliance process through providing on-site compliance and on-site training for USA Baseball events.
- Provide support at USA Baseball events through athlete safety education.
- Assist in the operations of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming, and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Drive.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Must have an excellent attitude, communication skills, and work well in a team setting.
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs.
- Passionate about helping children.
- Ability to perform some manual labor.
- Weekend and weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC for the duration of the internship.
- Availability to travel to off-site event locations around the United States as needed.
- A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a
member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball
Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12
and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball
Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball
Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of
amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden
Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national
origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or
carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
What makes you a good fit at USA Baseball?
Are you a local candidate?
If selected for this position and you are not a local candidate, would you be willing to relocate?
At USA Baseball we would encourage you to apply to as many internship positions that you find a genuine interest in. If you decide to apply to more than one USA Baseball position, please list them here.