Director, Baseball Development - Appalachian League, LLC. (Open to Remote)
Appalachian League, LLC. jobs
Sports Jobs in Open to Remote
Player Operations: Baseball - Manager
The Appalachian League is a summer collegiate baseball league that is part of the MLB and USA Baseball Prospect Development Pipeline, a pathway for amateur baseball players in the United States, and will also be an integral part of the identification and development process for the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team and other future national teams.
The League is comprised of 10 Clubs in deep in the heart of the Appalachia Region of the United States: Bluefield, Virginia and West Virginia; Bristol, Virginia; Burlington, North Carolina; Danville, Virginia; Elizabethton, Tennessee; Greeneville, Tennessee; Johnson City, Tennessee; Kingsport, Tennessee; Princeton, West Virginia; and Pulaski, Virginia.
- Oversee the hiring process for all Appalachian League managers and coaches in collaboration with Appalachian League teams.
- Oversee on-field personnel during Appalachian League season and conduct onboarding process for all on-field personnel prior to start of season.
- Provide coaching development and resources to on-field personnel in collaboration with other MLB and USA Baseball resources.
- Oversee player identification and recruitment process in collaboration with USA Baseball staff and Appalachian League teams.
- Work closely with President, Appalachian League on all on-field matters during season.
- Assist MLB and USA Baseball with player development technology strategy and implementation.
- Communicate regularly with college coaches and MLB Club personnel regarding Appalachian League, including player and on-field staff recruitment and evaluations, as well as ways to improve player development experience in the league.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in player development or scouting with a Major League Baseball Club.
- Professional or collegiate playing or coaching experience, and strong relationships with amateur baseball stakeholders.
- Passion for player and coach development and using the Appalachian League as an opportunity to develop players and coaches for future opportunities at college or professional level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong administrative skills and ability to manage diverse project load.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.