Coordinator, Sport Performance with USA Baseball in Cary · NC
- Senior Director, Technology (Russell Hartford)
- Director, Sport Performance (Drew Pomeroy)
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Technology and the Director of Sport Performance to:
- Travel to various locations domestically and internationally to facilitate on-site activations to evaluate athletes, collect performance data, and aid in athlete development using various assessment technologies for PDP events.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of a team of interns each year to facilitate events and collect athlete performance data.
- Work with MLB partners to enhance events and provide logistic support where needed.
- Work with the Baseball Operations team to enhance USA Baseball events and national team programs.
- Educate USA Baseball executive office staff, on-field staff, and partners on athlete assessments and various baseball technologies.
- Identify areas of future growth for the program, including use of emerging technologies, strategies for improved data management & analysis and collaboration with other USA Baseball initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret athlete performance data.
- Aggregate, organize, and analyze athlete performance data collected at events to support and enhance USA Baseball’s sport performance and analytics efforts.
- Seek to streamline delivery of performance data to amateur athletes and the 30 Major League Baseball Clubs.
- Serve as a resource for MLB Club Scouts and USA Baseball program directors and national team staff for athlete performance data collected through events.
- Design and develop dashboards and various tools to support the Sport Performance and Baseball Operations departments, as well as on-field personnel.
- Work with various third-party university and research groups to facilitate research using athlete performance data.
- Establish and implement long-term strategic goals for USA Baseball regarding athlete data collection and analysis.
- Author research findings relating to player evaluation and development.
- Experience within baseball and a passion for the sport and its different elements.
- Strong organizational, logistical, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Interest in sports science and player development.
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong quantitative analysis and computing skills with a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or related background.
- Previous experience with Rapsodo, Diamond Kinetics, Trackman, or other baseball operations software.
- Familiarity with Athletic Assessment execution and data collection/analysis.
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL, or equivalents.
- Basic knowledge of R, Python, or another scripting language.
- Baseball experience as a player, coach or administrator.
- Previous sports event management experience.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or other relevant degree.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?
What is your background in baseball?
How do you think data and technology will impact the sports industry over the next 5-10 years?