*Research and Development Intern with Tampa Bay Rays in ST Petersburg · FL
- Develop strong skills in statistical modeling and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources, for the purpose of player evaluation, player development and strategic decision-making
- Learn methods for communicating complex research findings to a variety of Baseball Operations audiences
- Design research inquiries with the potential to yield immediately actionable findings within our organization
- Work collaboratively with and assisting other members of our department with your areas of expertise
- Collect in-game data to support operational needs of the department
- Ad hoc research and analysis in support of general Baseball Operations tasks
- A solid foundation in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering and/or related fields.
- Advanced computational skills
- Experience with R, Python, and/or Stan preferred.
- Experience solving complex problems.
- Creativity to discover new avenues of research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Please describe your availability to participate in an internship (start date/length of term).
Please rate your proficiency with R, Python and/or Stan (none, beginner, proficient, expert).
Please briefly describe why this opportunity is appealing to you.
Are you willing and able to participate remotely based on the current conditions around the pandemic?