Baseball Technology Operator - Tampa Bay Rays (Open to Remote)
Tampa Bay Rays jobs
Sports Jobs in Open to Remote
Technical Services: Camera Operator
Title: Baseball Technology Operator
Description: The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented candidates for our part-time affiliate Baseball Technology Operator positions. These individuals will be responsible for running one of the TrackMan, KinaTrax and Hawkeye systems (or a combination of two) for Rays’ major league and affiliate home games. The number of games each Operator works varies by week based on availability and the season schedule. The duties require that this role arrive one half-hour before first pitch and continue to the final out. Operators will start as soon as possible coinciding with the affiliate season. Operators may have the opportunity to work additional games held at the affiliate’s ballpark. Local applicants are strongly preferred, but we will also consider remote applicants.
Department: Baseball Operations
Reporting Relationships: These stringers will report to the Baseball Operations Coordinator
- Responsible for setting up rosters and tagging information.
- Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout the game (i.e. roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
- Assist in troubleshooting system issues with TrackMan/KinaTrax/Hawkeye, fixing any errors, and uploading the game to the TrackMan/KinaTrax/Hawkeye sites.
- Other reasonable and related duties may be assigned.
- Candidate must be motivated, well organized, and have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated patience and the ability to troubleshoot.
- A firm understanding of baseball is required.
- Candidate must be able to make games in the affiliate city fairly regularly and able to work nights during the week and weekends associated with home games.
- Previous experience using TrackMan software is preferred but not required.
Location: St. Petersburg, FL; Durham, NC; Montgomery, AL; Bowling Green, KY; Charleston, SC; Port Charlotte, FL. Local candidates are strongly preferred but we will also consider remote applicants.
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
Statement: All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Acknowledgement: (Yes/No) I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What location are you applying to work in?
Are you local or remote to the above location?
When are you available to start?