Full-Time Grounds Crew Staff with The Phillies in Clearwater · FL
The Phillies jobs
Sports Jobs in Clearwater · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Groundskeeper is responsible for supporting, assisting, and executing daily field maintenance operations at Spectrum Field and/or Carpenter Complex for all programming including but not limited to Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Florida State League season, Gulf Coast League season, Florida Instructional League, winter baseball activities/mini camps, Phillies Phantasy Camp, and Special Events.
- Assist in the general maintenance of all playing surfaces to Major League standards, including all side bullpens, mounds, Indoor Training Facility turf/clay, and surrounding common areas.
- General duties to include but not limited to mowing, turf repair, trimming, edging, mound repair, field preparation/lining, and general maintenance of all clay areas.
- Assist in the timing and set-up of all baseball activity as directed by The Phillies on-field personnel.
- Assist with chemical treatment to all fields.
- Assist with field maintenance for all non-baseball activities.
- Assist with tarp pulls.
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with irrigation systems maintenance and repair.
- Ability to obtain a Florida pesticide license within 6 months of employment.
- Must have the ability to operate and/or lift heavy machinery and field equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to adapt to and work in various adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to interact professionally with a variety of team personnel, visiting MLB affiliates, and local municipalities
- Previous baseball field maintenance is preferred.
- 2 to 4-year degree in turf management or other related field preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?