Tell me more…..
Do you love sports and want a career in Marketing? The City of Peoria has an Internship opportunity for students to gain hands-on-experience in the field of Sports Marketing & Management during the Spring Training season. Interns working at the Peoria Sports Complex will get Major League Baseball experience with not one, but TWO MLB teams – the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners. Interns will network with corporate sponsors, participate in marketing activation and game day operations, as well as assisting in the execution of in-game promotions. There may be opportunities for interns to gain exposure in the sales, ticketing, and production side of the operations as well. Interns primarily assist the Marketing & Sales Department as necessary during Spring Training Baseball games; however, the Peoria Sports Complex is a TEAM environment so from time to time, interns may be asked to assist other departments.
Regular duties will include:
- Pre-game preparation
- Introductions to marketing clients/sponsors
- Office responsibilities and administrative duties
- In-game promotions & sponsorship fulfillment
- Exit coupon distribution
- Post-game promotions and tear down
- Interns will work a minimum of 3 games/15 hours per week (including one game M-Thursday).
- Interns will commit to a schedule and if they can’t make it they will find their own substitution.
- Interns will be able to run in-game promotions with limited to no supervisions.
- Resume Review
- Mock Interview
- Written Evaluation of Intern
- Recommendation Letter
- Exit Interview/Intern Feedback
- Networking/Attendance at the Sponsorship Luncheon
- One-on-One with Complex Personnel
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Effective time management and prompt attendance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Education: High school graduate or equivalency
- Experience: Previous experience in a customer service setting. Experience in a sporting or entertainment facility preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.