Title: Guest Services Intern
Reporting to: Director, Guest Services
Pay Rate: $15.97/hr
Location: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a part-time Guest Services Intern. This position will report directly to the Director, Guest Services. The Guest Services Intern is responsible for assisting with the ballpark’s guest services locations, assisting with guests’ customer service requests/inquires and supporting the Guest Services staff operational needs.
- Assist with guest services call center and the ballpark’s services locations
- Support the Guest Services staff to monitor and respond to guest services emails
- Support the Guest Services staff to monitor and respond to guest services phone calls
- Assist in the response, resolve and tracking of customer feedback, inquiries and complaints
- Exposure to sports industry through interdepartmental job shadowing program
- Assist in follow up on all game day fan injuries and incidents
- Help to maintain inventory of service recovery items
- Work with Guest Services staff on lost and found inventory and response to inquiries
- Perform duties assigned to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for ballpark guests
- Have knowledge of the Oakland Athletics’ ticket and stadium policies
- Have knowledge of the RingCentral Coliseum operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recently graduated in the past 12 months
- Excellent customer service abilities and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities
Who We Are
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are in our organizational DNA. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – on and off the field. Together, we continue to build an inclusive, innovative, and dynamic culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates belonging and amplifies diverse voices. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with talented and diverse team members, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
COVID 19 Consideration
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.