Department: Quantitative Analysis
Reports To: Director, Quantitative Analysis
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
This is a summer position geared to introduce current students to Quantitative Analysis within Baseball Operations.
· Assist in research and analysis of various baseball topics
· Design, test and implement predictive models using advanced statistical techniques
· Responsibilities may also include data collection and entry, running database queries and administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
· Computer programming experience, preferably with experience in a statistical computing language such as R, Matlab, or Python
· Experience using SQL a plus
· Familiarity with current baseball research
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination and booster as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.
Please note that a Cover Letter is not required when applying for this position.
The base annual salary for this position is $45,000 – $50,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.