Full-Stack Software Engineer - Baseball Operations - NYY (Bronx · NY)
- Assist in the design and implementation of web-based tools and applications for senior baseball operations personnel
- Build web applications for mobile devices and various hardware platforms utilizing data, video, and visualizations to provide information to users in all aspects of the organization
- Interface with all departments within Baseball Operations (scouting, player development, coaching, analytics) to build tools and reporting capabilities to meet their needs
- Work with major and minor league pitch, hit and player tracking datasets, college and other amateur data, international baseball data, and many other baseball data sources
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field
- MUST have 3+ years of experience with data-driven web application development using all of the following:
- REST services, preferably built on ASP.NET WebAPI
- ORM frameworks (nHibernate/Entity Framework/etc)
- Front-End CSS frameworks (Bootstrap/Material/Foundation/etc)
- Relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient in SQL data structures, query writing, CRUD operations, and various database design principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Azure DevOps, as well as Git
- Familiarity with typical baseball data, basic and advanced metrics, tracking system (Trackman, Hawkeye, Statcast, etc) data structures a plus
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, verification), Agile, and industry best practices
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills – must be able to breakdown a complex task and put together an execution strategy with little guidance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Describe your experience developing REST APIs and how you’ve used them in development of data-driven web applications.
Have you ever worked with any baseball datasets? And if so, which ones and how have you used them?
List any active websites or mobile applications you have developed (and the technologies they use) that might showcase your work.