MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
iOS Developer, Baseball Operations
New York Yankees
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
The New York Yankees organization is accepting applications for an experienced mobile application developer in their Baseball Operations department. Candidate should have 3-5 years experience developing mobile applications in Objective-C using the iOS SDK. Candidates should possess not only the technical skills but the design sensibilities needed to create a compelling and efficient user experience.
· Collaborate with the team to define, design and ship new features
· Develop and maintain applications for iPads (iOS) written in Objective-C & Swift
· Ensure the performance, quality & responsiveness of applications
· Fix bugs and identify issues with existing codebase and fix them
· Continue to find ways to automate the build and deploy process
· Writing tests alongside code to maintain solid builds are deployed
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3-5 years of specific iOS development experience and a demonstrated high proficiency in developing mobile applications for iOS
· Solid understanding of Objective-C
· Must be proficient in Swift
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming & databases
· Experience with Cocoa APIs on OS X
· Ability to create custom & reusable controls
· Knowledge of performance limits, memory management and multi-threading
· Experience with embedded databases
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
· Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
· Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
· Proficient understanding of GIT
· Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins & Fastlane)
· Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, verification), Agile, and industry best practices
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills – must be able to breakdown a complex task and put together an execution strategy with little guidance
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.