MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Senior Analyst, Quantitative Analysis
New York Yankees
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
Description: The New York Yankees are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Quantitative Analysis group of the Baseball Operations department. Quantitative Analysis plays a large role in all decisions within the organization. In a Senior Analyst, we are looking for a highly motivated individual that can help make use of the large amount of baseball data available to influence the long-term direction of the organization. We are seeking someone who enthusiastically tackles big challenges and wants to see their work-product make a meaningful impact on the field.
· Design, test and implement predictive models using advanced statistical techniques
· Introduce new statistical methods and techniques to the department
· Help devise long-term research strategy
· Provide guidance for junior analysts and interns
· Communicate ideas and research findings to a non-technical audience
· Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field required or 3+ years equivalent professional experience
· Expertise building predictive models, preferably in R
· Experience using SQL
· Familiarity with current baseball research
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.